Thursday, April 29, 2010

explanations shortly.


I can't tell you how much I love that the word for Government Building in a German town is RATHAUS.  This one's in Heidelberg.


View from the Schloss of Heidelberg.


The University, which Heidelberg is famous for, seemed really cool.  We walked through their library.  Just young people everywhere.  Outside the library is the biggest collection of bikes I've ever seen.  Green town, I guess.  Green students.


Nate with Burg Eltz.  A dude in the Eltz family still owns this place, he's like the 33rd generation Duke or Knight or whatever of the place.  He had a job in the economics ministry but now he's retired and just works on fixing up the old family place on the weekend.  Hence crane.


Annie with Burg Eltz.  It's from the 1100's.  I mean this place dates back to Barbarian times.  I can't say enough about it.  Oh and there is an original Lucas Cranach the Elder painting inside.



---All right, since Heidelberg was so easy, we'll try and make this hard.  Oldest city in germany.  founded in 16 BC.  Home of Emperor Constantine.  GO!

1 comment: